Federal Trade Commission
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is an independent agency of the United States government, established in 1914 by the Federal Trade Commission Act. Its principal mission is the promotion of consumer protection and the elimination and prevention of what regulators perceive to be harmfully anti-competitive business practices, such as coercive monopoly.
Campaign Finance$111,583 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 963 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Federal Trade Commission" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Federal Trade Commission
- Toggle 2 CFPB Electronic Funds Transfer Act – Prepaid Cards 2012
- Toggle 1 Assigning New Social Security Numbers for Children Age 13 and Under 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information on Effective Financial Education 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Federal Trade Commission
- Toggle 25 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 23 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 22 CFPB Defining Larger Participants in Certain Consumer Financial Products and Services Markets 2011
- Toggle 18 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 16 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 15 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 15 CFPB Defining Larger Participants in Certain Consumer Financial Product and Service Markets 2012
- Toggle 14 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 13 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Healthcare Professional Survey of Prescription Drug Promotion 2012
- Toggle 13 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Federal Trade Commission" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee