Federal Trade Commission
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is an independent agency of the United States government, established in 1914 by the Federal Trade Commission Act. Its principal mission is the promotion of consumer protection and the elimination and prevention of what regulators perceive to be harmfully anti-competitive business practices, such as coercive monopoly.
Campaign Finance$15,775 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 836 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Federal Trade Commission" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Federal Trade Commission
- Toggle 2 FDA Revise Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Affirmation Regulation for High Fructose Corn Syrup to Recognize "Corn Sugar" as an Alternate Common or Usual Name for High Fructose Corn Syrup-CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 1 FFIEC Reverse Mortgage Products: Guidance for Managing Compliance and Reputation Risks 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Federal Trade Commission
- Toggle 141 ED Program Integrity Issues--Title IV, Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended--34 CFR Part 600, 602, 603, 668, 682, 685, 686, 690, and 691 2010
- Toggle 96 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 23 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 22 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of Statement of Policy for Adopting Full-Fuel-Cycle Analyses into Energy Conservation Standards Program. 2010
- Toggle 20 EPA Revisions to Motor Vehicle Fuel Economy Label 2009
- Toggle 19 EPA Regulation to Mitigate the Misfueling of Vehicles and Engines with Gasoline Containing Greater than Ten Volume Percent Ethanol and Modifications to the Reformulated and Conventional Gasoline Programs 2010
- Toggle 18 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 18 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 18 CPSC Tracking Labels for Children's Products Under Section 103 of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act 2009
- Toggle 17 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Federal Trade Commission" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee