FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX), originally known as FDX Corporation, is a logistics services company, based in the United States with headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. The name "FedEx" is a syllabic abbreviation of the name of the company's original air division, Federal Express, which was used from 1973 until 2000.
Campaign Finance$29,379,182 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of FedEx Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount FedEx Corp $110,014,150 Federal Express Corp $3,320,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Roads & Highways,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.1451 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2881 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.1300 Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007 H.R.1586 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.1789 21st Century Postal Service Act of 2011 H.R.2309 Postal Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2881 Kenny Callahan Act
RegulationsMentioned in 7420 dockets; Submitted to 184 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "FedEx Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for FedEx Corp
- Toggle 186 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Petition to Institute a Public Inquiry Into the Citizenship and Foreign Control of DHL Airways, Inc. 2002
- Toggle 51 DOT Federal Express Corporation - Motion for Confidential Treatment - Form 41; Schedule B-7 1997
- Toggle 25 DOT 2002/2003 Hong Kong Fifth Freedom All-Cargo Frequency Proceeding 2002
- Toggle 11 DOT 2004 Cargo Designation and 2004/2005 All-Cargo Frequencies 2004
- Toggle 10 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 9 DOT Federal Express Corporation - Exemption/Renewal - United States - Brazil 1996
- Toggle 8 DOT American Airlines, Inc., Federal Express Corporation, United Air Lines, Inc. and United Parcel Service Co. - Joint Complaint Against Aerolineas Argentinas, S.A., Air Plus Argentina, S.A., Southern Winds, S.A. and the Government of Argentina - IATFCPA 2003
- Toggle 7 RITA Request for Public Comments on 14 CFR Part 241 Reporting Requirements 2004
- Toggle 7 DOT 2004 Hong-Kong Fifth Freedom All Cargo Frequency Proceeding 2004
- Toggle 6 FAA Age 60 Rule Request for Comments 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for FedEx Corp
- Toggle 1043 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Petition to Institute a Public Inquiry Into the Citizenship and Foreign Control of DHL Airways, Inc. 2002
- Toggle 708 DOT American Airlines, Inc., Federal Express Corporation, United Air Lines, Inc. and United Parcel Service Co. - Joint Complaint Against Aerolineas Argentinas, S.A., Air Plus Argentina, S.A., Southern Winds, S.A. and the Government of Argentina - IATFCPA 2003
- Toggle 233 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Notice - U.S.-China Service Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 196 DOT U.S. - China Air Services 1999
- Toggle 147 DOT Notice - Hong Kong Fifth Freedom All-Cargo Proceeding 1995
- Toggle 120 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 106 DOT 2002/2003 Hong Kong Fifth Freedom All-Cargo Frequency Proceeding 2002
- Toggle 87 DOT Federal Express Corporation - Motion for Confidential Treatment - Form 41; Schedule B-7 1997
- Toggle 83 DOT U.S. - U.K. Alliance Case 2001
- Toggle 83 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
Federal Spending2 grants; 1,096 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Federal Express Corporation||2000||$315,528,281|
|Fedex Corporation||2013||CIVIL RESERVE AIR FLEET - AIR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES||$150,850,486|
|Fedex Corporation||2011||CIVIL RESERVE AIR FLEET - AIR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES||$124,641,247|
|Fedex Corporation||2012||CIVIL RESERVE AIR FLEET - AIR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES||$113,441,916|
|Fedex Corporation||2011||CIVIL RESERVE AIR FLEET - AIR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES||$96,291,363|
|Federal Express Corporation||2001||$94,759,621|
|Fedex Corporation||2013||CIVIL RESERVE AIR FLEET - AIR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES||$92,952,839|
|Fedex Corporation||2012||CIVIL RESERVE AIR FLEET - AIR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES||$89,085,951|
|Federal Express Corporation||2007||CRAF AIRLIFT||$82,023,980|
|Fedex Corporation||2011||CIVIL RESERVE AIR FLEET - AIR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES||$60,069,746|
Contractor Misconduct39 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Labor||None||Satchell, et al. v. FedEx (Racial Discrimination)||2007||Settlement||$69,850,000|
|Poor Contract Performance||Non-Governmental||ATA Airlines v. FedEx (Breach of Contract)||2008||Judgment Against Defendant||$65,998,411|
|Labor||None||Estrada v. FedEx Ground (Misclassifying Employees)||2006||Judgment Against Defendant||$26,600,000|
|Labor||None||Racial Discrimination and Harassment||2007||Judgment Against Defendant||$12,400,000|
|Government Contract Fraud||Multiple Agencies||U.S. ex rel. Garafolo v. FedEx (Package Delivery False Claims)||2011||Settlement||$8,000,000|
|Labor||None||Sex Discrimination and Retaliation||2004||Judgment Against Defendant||$3,241,400|
|Labor||None||Misclassifying Workers: Massachusetts Attorney General Lawsuit||2010||Settlement||$3,045,000|
|Labor||None||Price v. Federal Express (Retaliation)||2008||Judgment Against Defendant||$2,850,000|
|Labor||None||Misclassifying Employees (Montana Settlement)||2010||Settlement||$2,300,000|
|Other||None||Hughes v. FedEx (FedEx Truck Accident)||2008||Judgment Against Defendant||$2,014,264|
EPA Violations7 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Federal Express Corporation (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
|Davis Refining Corporation||Federal Express Corp. (+86 others)||2006||Tallahassee, Fl||$2,542,381|
|Peak Oil Superfund Site (De Minimis Aoc)||Federal Express Corp. (+310 others)||2002||Tampa, Fl||$2,421,038|
|Florida Petroleum Reprocessors||Federal Express (+583 others)||2004||Fort Lauderdale, Fl||$2,316,314|
|Pcb Treatment, Inc.||Federal Express (+381 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks; ...||$1,916,377|
|Davis Refining Site (Referral)||Fedex Corp. (+221 others)||2007||Tallahassee, Fl||$1,704,680|
|Container Recycling||Fedex Freight East, Inc (+134 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks||$1,404,829|
Advisory Committees30 people on 9 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "FedEx Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 25 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee