The Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is a personal lines property and casualty insurance group providing homeowners insurance, auto insurance, life insurance, and financial services in the United States. It is the third largest insurance group in the US servicing over 10 million households in 41 states. Farmers Group Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles, California but is 100% owned by Zurich Financial Services based in Zurich, Switzerland.
Campaign Finance$1,983,640 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Farmers Insurance
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Farmers Insurance" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Farmers Insurance
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Farmers Insurance
- Toggle 5 NHTSA Insurance Reporting Requirements 2011
- Toggle 2 CFPB Impacts of overdraft programs on consumers 2012
- Toggle 2 TREAS Public Input on the Report to Congress on How to Modernize and Improve the System of Insurance Regulation in the United States 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Incentivizing Voluntary Conservation Actions under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Establishment of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee (WPAC) 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Initiate a Rulemaking Procedure to Adjust the Text of a Smokeless Tobacco ("ST") Product Warning Label Statement 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5508–P–01 Implementation of the Fair Housing Acts Discriminatory Effects Standard 2011