The Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is a personal lines property and casualty insurance group providing homeowners insurance, auto insurance, life insurance, and financial services in the United States. It is the third largest insurance group in the US servicing over 10 million households in 41 states. Farmers Group Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles, California but is 100% owned by Zurich Financial Services based in Zurich, Switzerland.
Campaign Finance$250,344 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Farmers Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Farmers Group $1,700,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1880 National Insurance Consumer Protection Act H.R.2555 Homeowners' Defense Act of 2010 H.R.1264 Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009 H.R.1895 Safe Teen and Novice Driver Uniform Protection Act of 2009 H.R.3424 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.2609 Insurance Information Act of 2009 H.R.2592 Safe Building Code Incentive Act of 2009 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 H.R.3377 Disaster Response, Recovery, and Mitigation Enhancement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Farmers Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Farmers Group
- Toggle 1 APHIS Traceability for Livestock Moving Interstate 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA RFS Annual Rulemaking 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2010
- Toggle 1 APHIS National Animal Identification System; Public Meetings 2009
- Toggle 1 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Corn Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2010
- Toggle 1 USDA Solicitation of Input from Stakeholders on the Roadmap for Agricultural Research, Education, and Extension 2009