Family Equality Council
Family Equality Council (formerly Family Pride) is national American advocacy organization committed to securing family equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) parents, guardians and allies.
Campaign Finance$1,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Family Equality Council
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Family Equality Council $215,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Government Issues,
- Homeland Security,
- Veterans Affairs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.998 Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2011 H.R.1116 Respect for Marriage Act H.R.1537 Uniting American Families Act of 2011 H.R.1648 Safe Schools Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.1681 Every Child Deserves a Family Act S.506 Safe Schools Improvement Act of 2011 S.555 Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2011 S.598 Respect for Marriage Act of 2011 S.821 Uniting American Families Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 18 dockets; Submitted to 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Family Equality Council" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Family Equality Council
- Toggle 1 VA AN40 - Proposed Rule - Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance and Veterans’ Group Life Insurance— Slayer’s Rule Exclusion 2011
- Toggle 1 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 1 VA AN92 - Proposed Rule - Vet Center Services 2012
- Toggle 1 WHD The Family Medical Leave Act 2012
- Toggle 1 VA 2012 Notices Requesting Comments 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Family Equality Council
- Toggle 9 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Health Insurance Market Rules CMS-9972-P 2012
- Toggle 5 CMS Data Collection to Support Eligibility Determinations for Insurance Affordability Programs and Enrollment through Affordable Insurance Exchanges, Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program Agencies 2012
- Toggle 2 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 2 HUD FR 5359–P–01 Equal Access to Housing in HUD Programs Regardless of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity 2011
- Toggle 2 WHD The Family Medical Leave Act 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan Program (CMS-9995-IFC2) 2012
- Toggle 2 USCBP Members of a Family for Purpose of Filing a CBP Family Declaration 2012
- Toggle 1 OPM Presumption of Insurable Interest for Same-Sex Domestic Partners 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012