Experian plc, formerly known as CCN Systems, is a global credit information group, with operations in 36 countries. The company employs 15,500 people with corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and operational headquarters in Nottingham, England and Costa Mesa, California, U.S. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Experian
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Experian $1,860,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.799 Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011 S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.913 Do-Not-Track Online Act of 2011 S.1408 Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1535 Personal Data Protection and Breach Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.220 Identity Theft Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.1841 Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA) of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 34 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Experian" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Experian
- Toggle 5 CFPB Defining Larger Participants in Certain Consumer Financial Product and Service Markets 2012
- Toggle 5 CFPB Request for Information on Effective Financial Education 2012
- Toggle 5 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 4 CFPB HIGH-COST MORTGAGE AND HOMEOWNERSHIP COUNSELING AMENDMENTS TO THE TRUTH IN LENDING ACT (REGULATION Z) AND HOMEOWNERSHIP COUNSELING AMENDMENTS TO THE REAL ESTATE SETTLEMENT PROCEDURES ACT (REGULATION X) 2012
- Toggle 4 CFPB Defining Larger Participants in Certain Consumer Financial Products and Services Markets 2011
- Toggle 2 HUD Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 2 CFPB Electronic Funds Transfer Act – Prepaid Cards 2012
- Toggle 2 CFPB Request for Information on Consumer Financial Products and Services Offered to Servicemembers 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: ICE Clear Credit LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 CRB Determinations of Rates and Terms for Preexisting Subscriptions and Satellite Digital Audio Radio Services 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.