Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is an American company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington that operates several travel brands including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Egencia (formerly Expedia Corporate Travel), TripAdvisor, Expedia Local Expert, Classic Vacations and eLong. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 90 branded points of sale in more than 60 countries. Expedia also powers travel bookings for a number of airlines and hotels, consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia Affiliate Network. It is part of both the S&P; 500 and NASDAQ-100 stock market indices.
Campaign Finance$634,664 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Expedia Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Expedia Inc $6,938,142
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Travel & Tourism,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4853 Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 H.R.2764 Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 12 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Expedia Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Expedia Inc
- Toggle 3 DOT Amadeus Global Travel Distribution S.A. - Petition for Interpretation of Computer Reservations Systems Regulations 1999
- Toggle 3 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Computer Reservation System (CRS) Regulations (Part 255) 1997
- Toggle 3 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. - Petition for Rulemaking - Amendment of Part 255 1997
- Toggle 3 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
- Toggle 1 IATA - Approval of Agreement(s) 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Expedia Inc
- Toggle 32 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Computer Reservation System (CRS) Regulations (Part 255) 1997
- Toggle 26 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. - Petition for Rulemaking - Amendment of Part 255 1997
- Toggle 25 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
- Toggle 17 DOT Amadeus Global Travel Distribution S.A. - Petition for Interpretation of Computer Reservations Systems Regulations 1999
- Toggle 4 DOT Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 4 IATA - Approval of Agreement(s) 2013
- Toggle 3 DOT Extension of Computer Reservations Systems (CRS) Regulations 2002
- Toggle 1 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and Lineas Aereas Privadas Argentinas, S.A. - Statement of Authorization/Exemption - U.S.Argentina 2001
- Toggle 1 DOT Organization and Delegation of Powers and Duties; Commercial Space Launch Act - Amdt. 1-202 1998
- Toggle 1 DOT Aviation, Enforcement, and Proceedings - Office Of The Secretary - General Counsel Office 2011