Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC) is an electricity generating and distributing company headquartered in the Chase Tower in the Chicago Loop area of Chicago. It was created in October, 2000 by the merger of PECO Energy Company and Unicom, of Philadelphia and Chicago respectively. Unicom owned Commonwealth Edison. Exelon has 5.4 million electricity customers and serves 485,000 natural gas customers in the Philadelphia suburbs.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's November 30, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Exelon Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Exelon Corp $12,682,504 Constellation Energy $4,310,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.1573 To facilitate implementation of title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, promote regulatory coordination, and avoid market disruption. H.R.2054 Energy and Revenue Enrichment Act of 2011 H.R.674 3% Withholding Repeal and Job Creation Act S.89 Withholding Tax Relief Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1705 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 S.275 Pipeline Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 334 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Exelon Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Exelon Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Exelon Corp
- Toggle 62 NRC Notice of Receipt and Availability of Application for Renewal of Limerick Generating Station, Units 1 and 2 Facility Operating License 2011
- Toggle 29 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 16 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 12 NRC Consideration on Environmental Impacts on Temporary Storage of Spent Fuel After Cessation of Reactor Operation 2012
- Toggle 10 EPA Pennsylvania- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 9 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 8 NRC Emergency Onsite Response Capabilities 2012
- Toggle 7 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 7 State Implementation Plans: Response to Petition for Rulemaking; Findings of Substantial Inadequacy; and SIP Calls to Amend Provisions Applying to Excess Emissions During Periods of Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Federal Implementation Plan and Revisions to Regional Haze Provisions Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Determinations 2011
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.