Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young (EY) is one of the largest professional services firms in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Campaign Finance$26,285,354 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Earl Pomeroy David Koshgarian $22,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Ernst & Young
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Ernst & Young $28,672,737 General Electric $5,950,000 Merrill Lynch $5,569,000 Aetna Inc $3,580,000 Charles Schwab & Co $3,388,000 Citigroup Management Corp $3,370,000 Ford Motor Co $3,360,000 National Assn of Real Estate Investment Trusts $3,180,000 Assn of American Railroads $3,040,000 Verizon Communications $2,660,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2626 Renewable Energy Parity Act S.1090 Renewable Energy Parity and Investment Remedy Act H.R.2528 (Unknown) H.R.62 International Tax Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.677 Lifetime Income Disclosure Act S.267 Lifetime Income Disclosure Act H.R.4389 Green Energy Paper Manufacturing Act of 2009 S.1250 Algae-based Renewable Fuel Promotion Act of 2009 H.R.749 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the subpart F exemption for active financing income. H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Feb. 14, 2014 Irvine Co Tax issues involving real estate taxation, partnerships, and S corporations. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 168 dockets; Submitted to 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ernst & Young" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ernst & Young
- Toggle 5 IRS User Fees Relating to Enrollment and Preparer Tax Identification Numbers 2010
- Toggle 2 IRS Research Expenditures 2013
- Toggle 2 FAA Revisions to Passenger Facility Charge Rule for Compensation to Air Carriers 2002
- Toggle 2 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 2 IRS Guidance Regarding Foreign Base Company Sales Income 2007
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Colombia 2009
- Toggle 1 FAA Reports by Carriers on Incidents Involving Animals during Air Transport 2002
- Toggle 1 IRS Retail Inventory Method (REG-125949-10) 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Rules for Home Construction Contracts 2008
- Toggle 1 IRS Draft Guidance for Industry and Staff: Information Reporting of Minimum Essential Coverage 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ernst & Young
- Toggle 12 IRS User Fees Relating to Enrollment and Preparer Tax Identification Numbers 2010
- Toggle 11 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products; Energy Conservation Standards for Three Cleaning Products. Cross reference EERE-2006-BT-GUID-0168 2006
- Toggle 6 USCG Beacon Port LLC Liquefied Natural Gas Deep Water Port Licence Application 2005
- Toggle 4 ITA Recently Posted ITA Rules and Notices. 2007
- Toggle 4 FAA Revisions to Passenger Facility Charge Rule for Compensation to Air Carriers 2002
- Toggle 3 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Notice - U.S.-China Service Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 3 USCG Compass Port LLC Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2004
- Toggle 3 DOT Pro Air, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Air Transportation 1996
- Toggle 3 DOT U.S. - China Air Services 1999
- Toggle 3 DOT AC Cargo Limited Partnership d/b/a Air Canada Cargo - Exemption - United States-Canada 2004
Federal Spending6 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Ernst & Young||2004||Office Of Asst Secretary For Health Except National Centers||EXPAND EFFORT||$4,168,621|
|Ernst & Young||2002||Office Of Assistant Secretary For Management And Budget||$2,887,000|
|Ernst & Young||2000||Office Of Assistant Secretary For Management And Budget||$2,859,000|
|Ernst & Young||2001||Office Of Assistant Secretary For Management And Budget||$2,827,000|
|Ernst & Young||2003||Office Of Asst Secretary For Health Except National Centers||$2,714,371|
|Ernst & Young||2002||Office Of Assistant Secretary For Management And Budget||$1,231,000|
Advisory Committees15 people on 19 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Ernst & Young" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 5 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Securities and Exchange Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle General Services Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Women's Business Council 1 person on 1 committee