Environmental Protection Agency
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA or sometimes USEPA) is an agency of the federal government of the United States charged with protecting human health and the environment, by writing and enforcing regulations based on laws passed by Congress. The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 3, 1970, after Nixon submitted a reorganization plan to Congress and it was ratified by committee hearings in the House and Senate. The agency is led by its Administrator, who is appointed by the president and approved by Congress. The current administrator is Lisa P. Jackson. The EPA is not a Cabinet department, but the administrator is normally given cabinet rank. The agency has approximately 18,000 full-time employees.
Campaign Finance$242,722 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 3148 dockets; Submitted to 16 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Environmental Protection Agency" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Environmental Protection Agency
- Toggle 1 FHWA Environmental Impact and Related Procedures 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Commercial Renewable Energy Transmission Development on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) offshore mid-Atlantic States, Notice of Proposed Grant Area and Request for Competitive Interest in the Atlantic Wind Connection Proposal 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Assessment (EA) for Commercial Wind Lease Issuance and Site Characterization Activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Offshore Rhode Island and Massachusetts 2011
- Toggle 1 GSA GSA; General Notices 2012
- Toggle 1 NRC Notice of Availability of Draft Interim Staff Guidance 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012
- Toggle 1 DEA Disposal of Controlled Substances 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Revisions of Boundaries for the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary; Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Meetings 2012
- Toggle 1 OSM Utah Regulatory Program [UT-049-FOR] 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Notice of Intent for Commercial Wind Leasing and Site Assessment Activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Offshore Massachusetts 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Environmental Protection Agency
- Toggle 7057 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 4283 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 3740 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 1689 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 745 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 613 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 525 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 483 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 354 EPA California Air Resources Board Request for Waiver of Preemption for Low Emission Vehicle and Zero Emission Vehicle Regulations (“Advance Clean Car Program”) 2012
- Toggle 315 EPA Reconsideration of Portland Cement NESHAP and NSPS 2011
Advisory Committees29 people on 27 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Environmental Protection Agency" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 7 people on 7 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 6 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 4 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 4 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Labor 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee