Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an American pharmaceutical company. It was created as a result of a management buyout from DuPont Merck in 1997. Three DuPont Merck executives (Carol A. Ammon, Chairman, President & CEO, and Mariann T. MacDonald, Executive Vice President, Operations, along with another colleague) purchased all of Endo Laboratories L.L.C.'s generic products along with 12 important brand products, including Percocet and Percodan. The new company was called Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Endo Pharmaceuticals
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Endo Pharmaceuticals $3,702,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.525 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.1298 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 H.R.1191 Safe Drug Disposal Act of 2009 H.R.1359 Secure and Responsible Drug Disposal Act of 2009 H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1706 Protecting Consumer Access to Generic Drugs Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act
RegulationsMentioned in 23 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Endo Pharmaceuticals" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Toggle 1 FDA Petition With Respect to Any New Drug Application or Abbreviated New Drug Application that References Opana® Tablets or Opana® ER Extended-Release Tablets as its Reference Listed Drug 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Joint Meeting of the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee, Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee, and the Anesthetic and Life Support Drugs Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting. 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Standards for Securing the Drug Supply Chain -- Standardized Numerical Identification for Prescription Drug Packages; Availability 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Toggle 5 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 3 FDA Petition With Respect to Any New Drug Application or Abbreviated New Drug Application that References Opana® Tablets or Opana® ER Extended-Release Tablets as its Reference Listed Drug 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Opioid Risk Management 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Determine Whether Oxycotin 10mgs, 15 mgs, 20mgs, 30mgs, 40mgs, 60mgs, 80mgs, and 160mgs, Oxycotin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets has Been Voluntarily Withdrawn or Withheld From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Determine that Oxycodone Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets, 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg, 60 mg, and 80mg, of Perdue Pharma LP, Were Voluntarily Withdrawn for Reasons Other Than Safety or Effectiveness 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. et al.; Withdrawal of Approval of 27 New Drug Applications and 58 Abbreviated New Drug Applications. 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA ANDA Suitability for Oyxcodone Hydrochloride and Acetaminophen Effervescent Tablets 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 1 NIH Public Meeting on Expansion of the Clinical Trial Registry and Results Data Bank 2009