Embarq Corporation, or EMBARQ was the largest independent local exchange carrier in the United States (below the Baby Bells), serving customers in 18 states and providing local, long distance, high-speed data and wireless services to residential and business customers. It had been formerly the local telephone division (LTD) of Sprint Nextel. EMBARQ produced more than $6 billion in revenues annually, and had approximately 18,000 employees.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Embarq Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Embarq Corp $940,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.978 Commercial Felony Streaming Act S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act H.R.2577 Air America Veterans Act of 2009 H.R.3675 Next Generation Television Marketplace Act H.R.5828 Universal Service Reform Act of 2010 S.2008 Next Generation Television Marketplace Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Embarq Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Embarq Corp
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Reconsideration of Portland Cement NESHAP and NSPS 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Special Access for Price Cap Local Exchange Carriers: AT&T Corporation Petition; Rulemaking to Reform Regulation of Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier Rates for Interstate Special Access Services 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Corn Genetically Engineered for Drought Tolerance 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Connect America Fund; A National Broadband Plan for Our Future: Establishing Just and Reasonable Rates for Local Exchange Carriers; High-Cost Universal Service Support 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Limited Approval and Disapproval of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Nevada; Clark County; Stationary Source Permits 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Species: 90-day Finding on Petition to Delist Southern Resident Killer Whale 2012