Edison International (NYSE: EIX) is a public utility holding company based in Rosemead, California. Its subsidiaries include Southern California Edison, and un-regulated non-utility assets Edison Mission Energy and Midwest Generation, power producers, and Edison Capital. Edison's roots trace back to Holt & Knupps, a company founded in 1886 as a provider of street lights in Visalia, California.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Edison International
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Edison International $4,357,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Natural Resources,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Indian/Native American Affairs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.138 California Desert Protection Act of 2011 H.R.470 Hoover Power Allocation Act of 2011 S.400 A bill to amend the Federal Power Act to ensure that rates and charges for electric energy are assessed in proportion to measurable reliability or economic benefit, and for other purposes. H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.4 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act of 2011 S.21 Cyber Security and American Cyber Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.28 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act S.519 Hoover Power Allocation Act of 2011 S.734 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary April 3, 2013 Vectis Strategies SONGS View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 27 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Edison International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Edison International
- Toggle 3 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan and Interstate Transport Plan; Interference with Visibility Requirement 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Improving Regulations: Science / Obsolete / Technology Outdated 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Improving Regulations: State, Local and Tribal governments 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Improving Regulations: Integration and Innovation 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Improving Regulations: Waste 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Improving Regulations: Compliance 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Improving Regulations: Least Burdensome / Flexible Approaches 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Pennsylvania- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012