Edison Electric Institute
The Edison Electric Institute (EEI) is the association of United States shareholder-owned electric power companies. Its members serve 95 percent of the ultimate customers in the shareholder-owned segment of the industry, and represent approximately 70 percent of the U.S. electric power industry. EEI also has more than 65 international electric companies as affiliate members, and more than 170 industry suppliers and related organizations as associate members.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Edison Electric Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Edison Electric Institute $17,673,371
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 S.280 Climate Stewardship and Innovation Act of 2007 H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.1590 Safe Climate Act of 2007 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.2776 Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007 H.R.6049 Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008 S.317 Electric Utility Cap and Trade Act of 2007
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary Nov. 14, 2013 Dickstein Shapiro LLP Monitor federal and legislative activity regarding cybersecurity. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 129 dockets; Submitted to 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Edison Electric Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Edison Electric Institute
- Toggle 8 OSHA Safety Standards for Cranes and Derricks in Construction 2007
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Refrigerators, Refrigerator Freezers and Freezers 2008
- Toggle 3 OSHA Confined Spaces in Construction 2007
- Toggle 2 FWS Revised Definitions for ESA Section 7 Consultations; 50 CFR Part 402 2008
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Framework Document for Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2011-BT-STD-0011) 2008
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Minimum Training Requirements for Entry-Level Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators 2007
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Small Electric Motors 2007
- Toggle 1 IRS Guidance Regarding Deduction & Capitalization of Expenditures Related to Tangible Property 2007
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document for Walk-In Coolers and Walk-In Freezers. 2008
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Certain Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Commercial Heating, Air Conditioning, and Water Heater Equipment 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Edison Electric Institute
- Toggle 83 EPA Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program: Federal Requirements for Class VI Injection Wells for the Geologic Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide - Proposed Rule 2008
- Toggle 62 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 32 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 30 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 29 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 19 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment; Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Residential Clothes Dryers and Room Air Conditioners 2007
- Toggle 18 OSHA Safety Standards for Cranes and Derricks in Construction 2007
- Toggle 18 EPA Review of the Primary NAAQS for Sulfur Dioxide 2007
- Toggle 14 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Refrigerators, Refrigerator Freezers and Freezers 2008
- Toggle 13 EPA Amendment to the Universal Waste Rule: Addition of Pharmaceuticals 2007
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Edison Electric Institute" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees