Ecolab, Inc. (NYSE: ECL; known as Economics Laboratory prior to 1986) is a St. Paul, Minnesota based sanitation supply company founded in 1923.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ecolab Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Ecolab Inc $1,710,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Chemical Industry,
- Food Industry,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.501 Implementing the Recommendations of the BP Oil Spill Commission Act of 2011 H.R.4017 Smart Energy Act S.661 Safe Dispersants Act S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 27 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ecolab Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ecolab Inc
- Toggle 3 EPA Petition No. 1E7936 Inert ingredient exemption from the requirement of a tolerance for residues of sodium xylene sulfonate (CAS No. 1300-72-7 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Propylene Glycol CAS RN 57-55-6 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Ecolab, Inc.; Filing of Food Additive Petition 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA o-Benzyl-p-chlorophenol Registration Review 2011
- Toggle 2 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; FAR Case 2011-001; Organizational Conflicts of Interest 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Na & Ca Hypochlorite Registration Review Docket 2012
- Toggle 2 Petition #IN-10524; Sorbitan, mono-9-octadecenoate, poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl) derivs., (Z)-(Polysorbate 80) (CAS No. 9005-65-6) for an exemption from the requirement of a tolerance under 40 CFR 180.940(a). 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Petition #9E6029; Nitric Acid (CAS# 7697-37-2) for an exemption from the requirement of a tolerance under 40 CFR 180.940. 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Pesticide Registration (PR) Notice on Material Safety Data Sheets as Pesticide Labeling 2012