eBay Inc. is an American Internet company that manages eBay.com, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a broad variety of goods and services worldwide. Founded in 1995, eBay is one of the notable success stories of the dot-com bubble; it is now a multi-billion dollar business with operations localized in over thirty countries. [not in citation given] eBay expanded from its original "set-time" auction format to include "Buy It Now" standard shopping; shopping by UPC, ISBN, or other kind of SKU (via Half.com); online classified advertisements (via Kijiji or eBay Classifieds); online event ticket trading (via StubHub); online money transfers (via PayPal ) and other services.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of eBay Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount eBay Inc $3,552,350
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.148 Discount Pricing Consumer Protection Act H.R.2669 Better Oversight of Secondary Sales and Accountability in Concert Ticketing Act of 2009 S.470 Combating Organized Retail Crime Act of 2009 H.R.1173 Organized Retail Crime Act of 2009 H.R.3190 Discount Pricing Consumer Protection Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1166 E-fencing Enforcement Act of 2009 S.3804 Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act H.R.5660 Main Street Fairness Act H.R.4795 Ticket Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary May 15, 2013 Emmer Consulting, P.C. (formerly Susan Emmer) Marketplace Fairness Act, S. 743 and H.R. 684 and related issues impacting small businesss. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 64 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "eBay Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for eBay Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for eBay Inc
- Toggle 23 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Accessibility of Web Information and Services of State and Local Government Entities and Public Accommodations 2010
- Toggle 21 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 9 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 7 CMS Home Health Prospective Payment System Rate Update for Calendar Year 2007 and Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 Changes to Medicare Payment for Oxygen Equipment and Capped DME Rental 2010
- Toggle 6 DOS Notice of Receipt of Cultural Property Request From the Government of the Hellenic Republic 2010
- Toggle 5 USTR 2010 Special 301 2010
- Toggle 5 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Movie Captioning and Video Description 2010
- Toggle 5 NOAA 12-Month Finding and Proposed Rule to List the Largetooth Sawfish (Pristis perotteti) as Endangered Under the ESA. 2009
- Toggle 5 USTR Special 301 FR notice 2010
- Toggle 3 USTR Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA): Request for Public Comments 2010
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.