eBay Inc. is an American Internet company that manages eBay.com, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a broad variety of goods and services worldwide. Founded in 1995, eBay is one of the notable success stories of the dot-com bubble; it is now a multi-billion dollar business with operations localized in over thirty countries. [not in citation given] eBay expanded from its original "set-time" auction format to include "Buy It Now" standard shopping; shopping by UPC, ISBN, or other kind of SKU (via Half.com); online classified advertisements (via Kijiji or eBay Classifieds); online event ticket trading (via StubHub); online money transfers (via PayPal ) and other services.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of eBay Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount eBay Inc $4,100,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Health Issues,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.495 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2007 H.R.964 Securely Protect Yourself Against Cyber Trespass Act S.34 Sales Tax Fairness and Simplification Act S.1625 Counter Spy Act H.R.3396 Sales Tax Fairness and Simplification Act S.215 Internet Freedom Preservation Act S.980 Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2007 H.R.1685 Data Security Act of 2007 S.1260 Data Security Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 43 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "eBay Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for eBay Inc
- Toggle 5 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 3 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of Atlas Frontiers - Complaint - CP07NM0009 2007
- Toggle 2 FDA Sentinel Network To Promote Medical Product Safety 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Oil Pollution Prevention; Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Rule Requirements - Amendments 2007
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 1 FTC Premerger notification waiting periods; early terminations 2007
- Toggle 1 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 1 FAA U.S. DOT/FAA - Notice of Proposed Amendment to Policy Statement 2008
- Toggle 1 FEMA Voluntary Private Sector Accreditation and Certification Preparedness Program 2008
Advisory Committees2 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.