Eaton Corporation (NYSE: ETN) is a diversified power management company with 2009 sales of $11.9 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$1,650,542 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Eaton Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.398 Implementation of National Consensus Appliance Agreements Act of 2011 H.R.243 Patent Lawsuit Reform Act of 2011 S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.6020 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2013 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.3301 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.2434 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1573 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 262 dockets; Submitted to 34 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Eaton Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Eaton Corp
- Toggle 4 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2009
- Toggle 4 OSHA NORTH CAROLINA STATE PLAN 2006
- Toggle 3 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Security Holder Director Nominations 2003
- Toggle 3 OSHA MECHANICAL POWER PRESSES 2006
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Rearview Mirrors 2004
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Prohibitions and Restrictions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Interests in, and Relationships With, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Concept Release on the U.S. Proxy System 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA NOISE 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA ELECTRICAL STDS 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on "Naked" Short Selling Anti-Fraud Rule 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Eaton Corp
- Toggle 29 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 28 EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 17 EERE Notice of Intent to Negotiate Proposed Rule on Energy Efficiency Standards for Distribution Transformers 2011
- Toggle 17 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 16 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers 2010
- Toggle 12 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Hard and Decorative Chromium Electroplating and Chromium Anodizing Tanks; Group I Polymers and Resins; Marine Tank Vessel Loading Operations; Pharmaceuticals Production; The Printing and Publishing Industry; and Steel Pickling--HCl Process Facilities and Hydrochloric Acid Regeneration Plants 2010
- Toggle 12 ETA Trade Adjustment Act Notices September 22, 2006 to November 30, 2006 2007
- Toggle 12 EPA National Emission Standards for Halogenated Solvent Cleaning 2002
- Toggle 9 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2009
- Toggle 6 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
Integrated Alternative Power Systems
|2010||$2,000,000||Eaton Corp: Advanced Digital Hydraulic Drive System|
|2008||$2,000,000||Eaton Corp: Combat Vehicle and Automotive Technology -- Advanced Digital Hydraulic Hybrid Drive System|
|2010||$600,000||Eaton Corp: High-Shock 100 Amp Current Limiting Circuit Breaker|
Shipboard System Component Development -- Circuit Breaker for Navy Shipboard Power Distribution Systems
Federal Spending5 grants; 56 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Eaton Corporation||2010||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||TAS::36 0158::TAS INSTALLATION OF A TURN-KEY SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC (PV) SYSTEM AT THE ALBUQUEQUE VA HEALTHCARE SYSTEM LOCATED IN ALBUQUERQUE, NM.||$14,980,078|
|Eaton Corporation||2011||Public Buildings Service||UPS SYSTEM||$12,422,340|
|Eaton Corporation||2011||ALL OTHER MISCELLANEOUS ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT AND COMPONENT MFG||$11,128,334|
|Eaton Corporation||2009||CRITICAL POWER EQUIPMENT||$9,177,858|
|Eaton Corporation||2012||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||IGF::CL::IGF CLOSELY ASSOCIATED: TURN-KEY SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC (PV) INSTALLATION AT THE ALEXANDRIA VA MEDICAL CENTER LOCATED IN PINEVILLE, LA.||$7,399,838|
|Eaton Corporation||2012||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||DESIGN AND INSTALLATION OF A SOLAR PV SYSTEM AT THE NORTH LITTLE ROCK VAMC||$5,425,471|
|Eaton Corporation||2010||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||TAS::36 0158::TAS INSTALLATION OF A TURN-KEY SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC (PV) SYSTEM AT THE ALBUQUEQUE VA HEALTHCARE SYSTEM LOCATED IN ALBUQUERQUE, NM.||$5,316,892|
|Eaton Corporation||2011||FURNISH&DELIVER GENERATOR CIRCUIT BREAKER&SWITCHGEAR TO NINE USACE LOCATIONS.||$5,230,555|
EPA Violations9 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Aqua-Tech Environmental, Inc. (Prn)||Eaton Aeroquip, Inc. (+169 others)||2006||Greer, Sc||$9,170,528|
|Verona Well Field Consent Decree (Cercla)||Eaton Corporation (+25 others)||2006||Battle Creek, Mi||$9,040,000|
|Omega Chemical Superfund Site Ou-1 Rd/Ra||Eaton Corporation (+270 others)||2010||Whittier, Ca||$7,100,000|
|Industrial Pollution Control (Ipc) (Cost Recovery Agmt)||Vickers, Inc. Nka Eaton Aerospace Llc (+236 others)||2003||Jackson, Ms||$3,440,369|
|Omega Chemical Site||Eaton Corporation (+16 others)||2004||Whittier, Ca||$2,400,000|
|Constitution Road Drum Site||Eaton Hydraulics, Inc. (+102 others)||2006||Atlanta, Ga||$2,072,339|
|Pcb Treatment, Inc.||Eaton Corporation (+381 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks; ...||$1,916,377|
|Hassan Barrel Site Admin Order On Consent (Cercla)||Eaton Corporation / Eaton Aeroquip, Inc. (+61 others)||2009||Fort Wayne, In||$1,700,000|
|Lakeland Disposal Service (Cercla)||Eaton Corporation (+17 others)||2007||Claypool, In||$1,128,000|