East Carolina University
East Carolina University is a public, coeducational, engaged doctoral/research university located in Greenville, North Carolina, United States. Named East Carolina University by statute and commonly known as ECU or East Carolina, the university is the largest institution of higher learning in eastern North Carolina and the third-largest university in North Carolina (second-largest according to US News and World Report which uses Undergraduate Admission as its determinant). With a Fall 2010 enrollment of 27,816 students, it is the fastest-growing campus in the University of North Carolina system for six consecutive years.
Campaign Finance$145,395 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of East Carolina University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount East Carolina University $483,600
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5658 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.3001 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 H.R.1547 (Unknown) H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.3043 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.3074 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.503 SouthEast Crescent Authority Act of 2007 S.1710 Department of Health and Human Services Appropriations Act, 2008 S.1789 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 150 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "East Carolina University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for East Carolina University
- Toggle 1 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 1 FHWA Noise Abatement 2008
- Toggle 1 FAA Congestion Management Rule for LaGuardia Airport - Notice and Request for Comments 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT Enhancing Airline Passenger Protections 2010
- Toggle 1 CDC Walking as a Way for Americans to get the Recommended Amount of Physical Activity for Health 2013
- Toggle 1 NOAA Revisions of Boundaries for the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary and Underwater Preserve; Intent to Prepare Draft Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Meetings 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Congestion and Delayed Reduction at Chicago O'Hare International Airport 2005
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for East Carolina University
- Toggle 32 EPA Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources and Emission Guidelines for Existing Sources: Hospital/Medical/Infectious Waste Incinerators 2006
- Toggle 10 OSHA GUIDELINES FOR NURSING HOMES 2006
- Toggle 7 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2009
- Toggle 7 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 6 EPA Integrated Science Assessment (ISA) for Particulate Matter 2007
- Toggle 5 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Estuaries and Coastal Waters 2010
- Toggle 5 DOT Solicitation of Proposals from Interested Communities 2002
- Toggle 5 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - Regulations To Establish Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase II Existing Facilities 2002
- Toggle 4 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter 2007
|2010||$2,400,000||East Carolina University: Operation Re-Entry NC|
Federal Spending34 grants; 2 contracts; 3 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|East Carolina University||2010||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$8,985,197|
|East Carolina University||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$8,141,200|
|East Carolina University||2007||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,373,546|
|East Carolina University||2009||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,120,261|
|East Carolina University||2011||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,716,093|
|East Carolina University||2011||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,558,255|
|East Carolina University||2004||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,394,270|
|East Carolina University||2005||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$6,256,255|
|East Carolina University||2004||Student Financial Assistance Programs||PELL - GRANT PROGRAM||$5,860,473|
|East Carolina University||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$5,725,455|
Advisory Committees115 people on 69 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "East Carolina University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 67 people on 42 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 38 people on 18 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Social Security Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 1 committee