Dynegy Inc. (NYSE: DYN), based in Houston, Texas, United States, is a large owner and operator of power plants and a player in the natural gas liquids and coal business. The corporate headquarters are in Suite 5800 in the Wells Fargo Plaza at 1000 Louisiana Street in Downtown Houston.
Campaign Finance$2,289,780 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Dynegy Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Dynegy Inc $200,000 Fleishman-Hillard Inc $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Automotive Industry
RegulationsMentioned in 71 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Dynegy Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Dynegy Inc
- Toggle 8 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 8 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 3 EPA TX035 Texas G.H.4. Discrete Emission Credit Banking and Trading (DERC) Rules, Chapter 101, General Rules, §§101.370 to 101.379. 2005
- Toggle 3 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - Regulations To Establish Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase II Existing Facilities 2002
- Toggle 3 EPA TX029 Texas G.H.3. Mass Emissions Cap and Trade Program (MECT) Rules, Chapter 101, General Rules, §§101.350 to 101.363. 2005
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Industrial/ Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters 2002
- Toggle 2 EPA TX012 Texas G.H.1: Emission Credit Banking and Trading (ERC) Rules, Chapter 101, General Rules, §§101.300 to 101.311. 2005
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.