Duquesne University of the Holy Spirit is a private Catholic university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Founded by members of the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne (pronounced /djuːˈkeɪn/, locally /duːˈkeɪn/ dew-KAYN) first opened its doors as the Pittsburgh Catholic College of the Holy Ghost in October 1878 with an enrollment of 40 students and a faculty of six. In 1911, the college became a university, the first Catholic institution of higher learning in Pennsylvania to achieve such a distinction. It is the only Spiritan institution of higher education in the world.
Campaign Finance$69,176 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Duquesne University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Duquesne University $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2117 Protecting Academic Freedom in Higher Education Act H.R.5567 Urban University Renaissance Act of the 21st Century S.340 Airport and Airway Trust Fund Reauthorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 61 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Duquesne University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Duquesne University
- Toggle 1 DOT Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) 2004
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 1 ED Federal Perkins Loan Program, Federal Family Education Loan Program, and William D. Ford Federal Direct Program 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Duquesne University
- Toggle 12 FDA Seeking FDA Actions to counter Flagrant Violations of the Law by Pharmacies Compounding Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Drugs that Endanger Public Health 2005
- Toggle 11 EPA Notice of Intent to Reform Implementation of RCRA-Related Methods and Monitoring and Notice of Availability for Draft Update IV-A of SW-846; Notice of Intent and Request for Comment 1998
- Toggle 7 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 6 EPA Waste Management System; Testing and Monitoring Activities; Notice of Availability of Final Update IV of SW-846 2006
- Toggle 4 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2008
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicaid Prescription Drugs Average Manufacture Price 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Notice of Availability of the Preliminary Risk Assessment for Creosote Reregistration Eligibility Decision 2003
- Toggle 4 Update V of SW-846 2012
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
Advisory Committees44 people on 42 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Duquesne University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 28 people on 32 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 7 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 6 people on 5 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Small Business Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee