E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (NYSE: DDPRA, NYSE: DDPRB, NYSE: DD), commonly referred to as DuPont, is an American chemical company that was founded in July 1802 as a gunpowder mill by Eleuthère Irénée du Pont. DuPont was the world's third largest chemical company based on market capitalization and ninth based on revenue in 2009. Its stock price is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of DuPont Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount DuPont Co $8,487,895
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Chemical Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.981 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.473 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 S.825 Job Creation Through Innovation Act S.968 PIPA
RegulationsMentioned in 648 dockets; Submitted to 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "DuPont Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for DuPont Co
- Toggle 5 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Proposed Sale Notice for Commercial Leasing for Wind Power on the Outer Continental Shelf Offshore Rhode Island and Massachusetts 2012
- Toggle 1 CPSC Safety Standard for Magnet Sets 2012
- Toggle 1 OPPM Guidelines for Designating Biobased Products for Federal Procurement 2012
- Toggle 1 DARS Fire-Resistant Fiber for Production of Military Uniforms (DFARS Case 2011–D021) 2011
- Toggle 1 WHD The Family Medical Leave Act 2012
- Toggle 1 BIS Bureau of Industry and Security: Retrospective Regulatory Review Under E.O. 13563 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for DuPont Co
- Toggle 51 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 24 EPA Emergency Petition Seeking Suspension of Registration for Clothianidin 2012
- Toggle 23 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 23 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011
- Toggle 20 FSIS Poultry Slaughter Inspection 2011
- Toggle 20 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 17 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 16 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 16 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 14 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Group IV Polymers and Resins, Pesticide Active Ingredient Production, and Polyether Polyols Production Risk and Technology Review 2011
Advisory Committees13 people on 12 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "DuPont Co" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 6 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee