E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (NYSE: DDPRA, NYSE: DDPRB, NYSE: DD), commonly referred to as DuPont, is an American chemical company that was founded in July 1802 as a gunpowder mill by Eleuthère Irénée du Pont. DuPont was the world's third largest chemical company based on market capitalization and ninth based on revenue in 2009. Its stock price is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Campaign Finance$11,584,934 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of DuPont Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount DuPont Co $53,292,426 DuPont Pharmaceuticals $980,000 Conoco Inc $980,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Chemical Industry,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.146 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 H.R.2776 Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.981 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.1298 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.1650 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2008 H.R.2125 Railroad Competition and Service Improvement Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 4251 dockets; Submitted to 242 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "DuPont Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for DuPont Co
- Toggle 11 FWS Revised Definitions for ESA Section 7 Consultations; 50 CFR Part 402 2008
- Toggle 10 OSHA ACRYLONITRILE 2006
- Toggle 9 OSHA NOISE 2006
- Toggle 8 IRS Guidance for Tax-Exempt Social Welfare Organizations on Candidate-Related Political Activities 2013
- Toggle 7 OSHA NOISE 2006
- Toggle 7 PHMSA Railway Progress Institute, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Tank Cars - Various Chemicals 1998
- Toggle 6 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 6 FNS Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs 2007
- Toggle 5 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) 2005
- Toggle 5 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for DuPont Co
- Toggle 712 EPA Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), Fluorinated Telomers; Request for Comment; Solicitation of Interested Parties for Enforceable Consent Agreement Development; and Notice of Public Meeting 2003
- Toggle 506 EPA DuPont PFOA Site-Related Monitoring and Environmental Assessment at Washington, West Virginia 2004
- Toggle 336 NIH Recently Posted NIH Rules and Notices. 2007
- Toggle 183 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) 2005
- Toggle 101 PHMSA Railway Progress Institute, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Tank Cars - Various Chemicals 1998
- Toggle 100 NHTSA National Academy of Science Study and Future Fuel Economy Improvements Model Years 2005-2010 2002
- Toggle 88 EPA In Vitro Dermal Absorption Rate Testing of Certain Chemicals of Interest to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 2003
- Toggle 70 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 70 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Herbicide Resistant Corn and Soybeans, and Notice of Virtual Public Meetings 2013
- Toggle 67 EPA Effluent Guidelines Program Plan for 2004/2005. 2003
|2008||$1,600,000||Dupont Electronic Technologies DuPont Co: Soldier Systems- Advanced Development -- Acid Alkaline Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Technology|
|2008||$1,600,000||DuPont Co: Defense Production Act Purchases -- Production of Affordable Direct Methane Fuel Cells Components|
Weapons and Munitions Advanced Technology -- Production of Affordable New Shaped MER Titanium
EPA Violations37 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Conoco Inc.-Wood River Products Terminal (National Case)||Conoco Inc. - Wood River Products Termina||2007||Hartford, Il; Roxana, ...||$96,892,497|
|Conoco Incorporated - Westlake, La.||Conoco Incorporated||2002||Ponca City, Ok; ...||$82,624,000|
|E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Co.(National Case)||E.I. DuPont DeNemours & Company||2008||Darrow, La; La ...||$66,668,750|
|Dupont Sulfuric Acid Plant - Wurtland, Ky (National Case)||E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Company||2008||Wurtland, Ky||$29,668,750|
|E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Co (National Case)||E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Company||2008||Richmond, Va||$29,668,750|
|Dupont - Fort Hill Plant (National Case) (Lead)||Dupont Fort Hill Plant||2008||North Bend, Oh||$29,668,750|
|Conoco, Inc.||Conoco, Inc.||2002||Billings, Mt; Commerce ...||$26,076,000|
|E. I. Du Pont De Nemours And Company (Dupont)||E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont)||2005||Washington, Wv||$16,500,000|
|Peters Cartridge Factory Admin Order On Consent||Ei Du Pont De Nemours And Company||2004||Kings Mills, Oh||$10,205,043|
|E.I Du Pont De Nemours & Company||E.I du Pont de Nemours & Company||2006||Washington County, Wv||$2,020,000|
Advisory Committees149 people on 93 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "DuPont Co" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 69 people on 33 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 24 people on 17 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 24 people on 11 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 7 people on 8 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 8 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of State 7 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 5 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 2 people on 2 committees