Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK), headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, is an energy company with assets in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Duke Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Duke Energy $13,590,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.231 EPA Stationary Source Regulations Suspension Act S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.228 Defending America's Affordable Energy and Jobs Act H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.909 A Roadmap for America's Energy Future H.R.750 Defending America's Affordable Energy and Jobs Act H.R.1023 No More Excuses Energy Act of 2011 H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21
RegulationsMentioned in 494 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Duke Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Duke Energy
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 NRC Consideration on Environmental Impacts on Temporary Storage of Spent Fuel After Cessation of Reactor Operation 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List Alewife and Blueback Herring as Threatened Under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Eagle Permits; Modifications to Regulations Governing Take to Protect Interests in Particular Localities 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Proposed Revision of NUREG-0800 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Changes in the Regulations Governing Eagle Permitting 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG POrt Authority Access to Facility Vulnerability Assessments and the Integration of Security Systems - Request for Comments 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Duke Energy
- Toggle 57 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 19 NRC Consideration on Environmental Impacts on Temporary Storage of Spent Fuel After Cessation of Reactor Operation 2012
- Toggle 18 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 11 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 10 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
- Toggle 10 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Federal Implementation Plan and Revisions to Regional Haze Provisions Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Determinations 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
Federal Spending6 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Duke Energy Corporation||2012||Federal Prison System||IGF::OT::IGF OTHER FUNCTION 151060 ELECTRIC UTILITY SERVICES FOR FCC BUTNER FOR THE PERIOD 10/01/2012 THROUGH 9/30/2013. SEE (ATTACHMENT 1).||$3,991,895|
|Duke Energy Corporation||2011||Federal Prison System||ELECTRIC SERVICES||$3,954,275|
|Duke Energy Corporation||2011||Federal Prison System||151060 ELECTRIC UTILITY SERVICES FOR FCC BUTNER FOR THE PERIOD 10/01/2011 THROUGH 9/30/2012. SEE ATTACHMENT 1 FOR MORE INFORMATION.||$3,954,275|
|Duke Energy Corporation||2011||Federal Prison System||151060 ELECTRIC UTILITY SERVICES FOR FCC BUTNER FOR THE PERIOD 10/01/2010 THROUGH 9/30/2011. SEE ATTACHMENT 1 FOR MORE INFORMATION.||$3,696,400|
|Duke Energy Corporation||2011||Environmental Protection Agency||ELECTRIC SERVICE FOR GOVERNMENT FACILITIES IN RTP||$1,300,000|
|Duke Energy Corporation||2011||Environmental Protection Agency||ELECTRIC SERVICE FOR GOVERNMENT FACILITIES IN RTP||$1,000,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.