DTE Energy Co. (NYSE: DTE) is a Detroit, Michigan-based utility incorporated in 1995 involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of DTE Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount DTE Energy $2,910,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.298 Charging America Forward Act H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act S.734 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2011 S.948 Promoting Electric Vehicles Act of 2011 S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.1320 Nuclear Fuel Storage Improvement Act of 2011 S.1351 Battery Innovation Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.587 FRAC Act H.R.607 Broadband for First Responders Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 64 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "DTE Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for DTE Energy
- Toggle 19 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 5 State Implementation Plans: Response to Petition for Rulemaking; Findings of Substantial Inadequacy; and SIP Calls to Amend Provisions Applying to Excess Emissions During Periods of Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 4 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 2 Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
- Toggle 2 Southeast Michigan PM 2.5 Redesignation and Maintenance Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 NRC Order Modifying Licenses 2012
Federal Spending2 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Dte Energy Company||2011||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||EXPRESS REPORT OF ELECTRICITY FOR ANN ARBOR OCT 2010-SEP 2011||$1,900,438|
|Dte Energy Company||2012||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||IGF::OT::IGF OTHER FUNCTIONS-EXPRESS REPORT-FOR UTILITIES-ELECTRICITY ANN ARBOR MAIN HOSPTIAL. OCT-MAY 9 FY 12||$1,312,338|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.