Drexel University (DU) is a private research university with the main campus located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. It was founded in 1891 by Anthony J. Drexel, a noted financier and philanthropist. Drexel offers 70 full-time undergraduate programs and accelerated degrees. At the graduate level, the university offers 100 masters, doctoral, and professional programs, many available part-time.
Campaign Finance$681,182 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Drexel University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Drexel University $1,580,972
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Urban Development,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2647 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 H.R.1545 (Unknown) H.R.2146 DATA Act H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.3043 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.3222 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2008 S.97 College Opportunity Tax Credit Act of 2007 S.360 Greater Access To Education Act of 2007 S.851 Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2007 S.1547 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 81 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Drexel University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Drexel University
- Toggle 2 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 FS Paleontological Resources Preservation 2013
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Mobile Medical Applications; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH) 2014
- Toggle 1 FNS Research on Causes, Characteristics, and Consequences of Childhood Hunger and Food Insecurity; Information Request 2012
- Toggle 1 SSA Solicitation of collaboration from Federal agencies on developing a standard for coding functional capacity in Federal disability programs based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF). 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA 90-day Finding for a Petition to revise the Critical Habitat Designation for the Leatherback Turtle 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Drexel University
- Toggle 77 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Longhorn Pipeline Reversal - Environmental Assessment 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Egg Safety Action Plan 2000
- Toggle 3 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 3 NOAA Hawaii Shallow-set Longline Fishery; Revised Limits on Sea Turtle Interactions 2012
- Toggle 2 OSM Pennsylvania Regulatory Program (PA-161-FOR) 2012
- Toggle 2 USCG Standards for Living Organisms In Ships Ballast Water Discharged In U.S. Waters 2001
- Toggle 2 NOAA 90-day Finding for a Petition to revise the Critical Habitat Designation for the Leatherback Turtle 2007
- Toggle 2 NOAA Fisheries in the Western Pacific; Pelagic Fisheries; Hawaii-based Shallow-set Longline Fishery 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
Medical Advanced Technology -- National Bioterrorism Civilian Medical Response Center (CIMERC)
Federal Spending112 grants; 5 contracts; 92 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Drexel University||2013||Education, Department Of||2013-2014 DL BASE RECORD||$9,563,506|
|Drexel University||2010||National Science Foundation||MRI-R2: Development of Common Platform for Unifying Humanoids Research||$5,999,997|
|Drexel University||2012||National Institutes Of Health||ECOG - ACRIN CCOP RESEARCH BASE GRANT - CORE||$4,068,148|
|Drexel University||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$3,569,077|
|Drexel University||2009||Student Financial Assistance Programs||CAMPUS-BASED /FWS||$3,473,106|
|Drexel University||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$3,307,094|
|Drexel University||2013||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$3,235,412|
|Drexel University||2013||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$3,221,855|
|Drexel University||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$3,199,964|
|Drexel University||2010||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$3,186,399|
Advisory Committees275 people on 81 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Drexel University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 249 people on 64 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 22 people on 9 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee