Campaign Finance$56,477 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Dow Corning
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Dow Corning $1,990,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Chemical Industry,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3183 A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require the use of domestic property to be eligible for certain tax incentives for solar energy.
RegulationsMentioned in 48 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Dow Corning" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Dow Corning
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Dow Corning
- Toggle 22 EPA Testing Consent Order for Certain Siloxanes 2012
- Toggle 3 FAA 2010-NM-181-AD The Boeing Company Model 757-200, -200PF, and -200CB Series Airplanes 2011
- Toggle 3 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Petition # 1E7877; Silicic acid, sodium salt, reaction products with chlorotrimethylsilane and iso-propyl alcohol, reaction with poly(oxypropylene)-poly(oxyethylene) glycol; for tolerance exemption under 40 CFR 180.960 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Sixty-Ninth Report of the TSCA Interagency Testing Committee to the Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Migratory Bird Hunting; Application for Approval of Fluoropolymeric Shot Coatings as Nontoxic for Waterfowl Hunting 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Group IV Polymers and Resins, Pesticide Active Ingredient Production, and Polyether Polyols Production Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 2 Air Quality: Revision to Definition of Volatile Organic Compounds – Exclusion of trans 1-chloro-3,3,3-trifluoroprop-1-ene (HFO 1233zd(E)) 2012
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Dow Corning" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee