Dow AgroSciences LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dow Chemical Company specializing in not only agricultural chemicals such as pesticides, but also seeds and biotechnology solutions. The company is based in Indianapolis, Indiana, in the United States. On 31 January, 2006, Dow AgroSciences announced that it had received regulatory approval for the world's first plant-cell-produced vaccine against Newcastle disease virus from USDA Center for Veterinary Biologics.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$3,025,651 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Dow AgroSciences
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Dow AgroSciences $12,510,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Food Industry,
- Chemical Industry,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Foreign Relations,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.6083 Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2012 H.R.872 Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act of 2011 S.718 A bill to amend the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act to improve the use of certain registered pesticides. H.R.2421 Clean Water Restoration Act of 2007 H.R.3448 Global Climate and Ozone Layer Protection Act of 2007 S.2302 Food and Energy Security Act of 2007 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.4380 Miscellaneous Trade and Technical Corrections Act of 2009 H.R.5320 Assistance, Quality, and Affordability Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 1538 dockets; Submitted to 25 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Dow AgroSciences" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Dow AgroSciences
- Toggle 8 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Corn Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2010
- Toggle 6 PHMSA AgroSciences, L.L.C. - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of a Division 6.1 Material in DOT Specification Cargo Tanks 2002
- Toggle 5 EPA FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel; Notice of Public Meeting 2004
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Dow AgroSciences, LLC - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Division 6.1 Liquid Soil Pesticide Fumigants in Certain Non-DOT Specification Cargo Tanks 2003
- Toggle 3 EPA FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel; Notice of Public Meeting 2004
- Toggle 2 EPA 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid Revised Risk Assessments and Preliminary Risk Reduction Options (Phase 5 of 6-Phase Process); Notice of Availability 2004
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Dow AgroSciences L.L.C. (Dow AgroSciences) - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Sulfuryl Fluoride, a Division 2.3, Hazardous Zone D Liquefied Gas, in DOT Spec. and Non-DOT Spec. Cylinders Not Fitted With a Relief Device 2003
- Toggle 2 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Nitrapyrin Reregistration Eligibility Decision; Notice of Availability 2004
- Toggle 2 EPA Inert Ingredients; Proposal to Revoke Tolerance Exemptions no Longer used in Food Use Pesticide Products 2005
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Dow AgroSciences
- Toggle 10241 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Herbicide Resistant Corn and Soybeans, and Notice of Virtual Public Meetings 2013
- Toggle 5927 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Corn Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2010
- Toggle 1347 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 195 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for DAS-81910-7 Cotton Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to 2,4-D and Glufosinate 2013
- Toggle 177 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Herbicide Tolerant DAS-44406-6 Soybean 2012
- Toggle 131 EPA Evaluation of 2,4-D Choline Salt Herbicide on Enlist Corn and Soybeans 2014
- Toggle 56 EPA Registration Review of Chlorpyrifos (PC Code 059101) 2008
- Toggle 42 EPA Sulfuryl Fluoride; Pesticide Tolerance 2005
- Toggle 37 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: The 2008 Critical Use Exemption From the Phaseout of Methyl Bromide 2006
- Toggle 34 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Herbicide Resistant Soybeans and Cotton, and Notice of Virtual Public Meetings 2013
Advisory Committees8 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Dow AgroSciences" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee