Dominion Resources Inc. (NYSE: D), commonly referred to as Dominion, is a power and energy company headquartered in Richmond, Virginia that supplies electricity in parts of Virginia and North Carolina and supplies natural gas to parts of West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and eastern North Carolina. Dominion also has generation facilities in Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Dominion Resources
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Dominion Resources $2,950,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.512 Nuclear Power 2021 Act H.R.1705 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.174 Homeland Security Cyber and Physical Infrastructure Protection Act of 2011 H.R.668 Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act H.R.2054 Energy and Revenue Enrichment Act of 2011 H.R.2068 Nuclear Regulatory Commission Continuation Act S.21 Cyber Security and American Cyber Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.963 Reducing Federal Energy Dollars Act of 2011 S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 93 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Dominion Resources" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Dominion Resources
- Toggle 1 BOEM Commercial Leasing for Wind Power on the Outer Continental Shelf Offshore Virginia -- Proposed Sale Notice 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Notice of Availability an Draft Environmental Assessment for Commercial Wind Lease Issuance and Site Assessment Activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Offshore New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia (Mid-Atlantic Regional Draft EA) 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Renewable Energy Right-of-Way Grant of Submerged Lands on the Outer Continental Shelf 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Commercial Lease of Submerged Lands for Renewable Energy Development on the Outer Continental Shelf 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Request for Information on the State of the Offshore Renewable Energy Industry - Auction Format Information Request 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Commercial Renewable Energy Transmission Development on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) offshore mid-Atlantic States, Notice of Proposed Grant Area and Request for Competitive Interest in the Atlantic Wind Connection Proposal 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List Alewife and Blueback Herring as Threatened Under the Endangered Species Act 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Dominion Resources
- Toggle 3 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 2 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan and Interstate Transport Plan; Interference with Visibility Requirement 2012
- Toggle 2 NRC Alternative Controls Governing Minimum Time Off 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Nebraska; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan; Federal Implementation Plan for Best Available Retrofit Technology Determination 2012
- Toggle 2 State Implementation Plans: Response to Petition for Rulemaking; Findings of Substantial Inadequacy; and SIP Calls to Amend Provisions Applying to Excess Emissions During Periods of Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Utilities 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Dominion Resources" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee