Dish Network Corporation is the United States' fourth largest pay-TV provider, providing direct broadcast satellite service—including satellite television, audio programming, and interactive television services—to 14.337 million commercial and residential customers in the United States. Dish Network has approximately 24,500 employees, most of which are located within the U.S. The corporate office is based in Meridian, Colorado, though the postal designation of Englewood is used in the company’s mailing address.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte Jessica Straus $30,800 National Republican Congressional Cmte Stanton Dodge $30,800
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of DISH Network
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount DISH Network $2,260,000 Emmer Consulting $440,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.911 SPECTRUM Act H.R.2482 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 41 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "DISH Network" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for DISH Network
- Toggle 1 APHIS Animal Welfare; Retail Pet Stores and Licensing Exemptions 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for DISH Network
- Toggle 11 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 10 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 2 FCC Program Access Rules 2012
- Toggle 2 FCC Leased Commercial Access: Development of Competition and Diversity in Video Programming Distribution and Carriage 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Video Description: Implementation of Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Complaints: Game Show Network, LLC v. Cablevision Systems Corp. 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR USTR-2012-1377 Review of Telecommunications Trade Agreements 2012
- Toggle 1 FAR E.O. 13563-FAR; EO 13563-Federal Acquistion Regulation (FAR) 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Review of the Emergency Alert System 2011