Dish Network Corporation is the United States' fourth largest pay-TV provider, providing direct broadcast satellite service—including satellite television, audio programming, and interactive television services—to 14.337 million commercial and residential customers in the United States. Dish Network has approximately 24,500 employees, most of which are located within the U.S. The corporate office is based in Meridian, Colorado, though the postal designation of Englewood is used in the company’s mailing address.
Campaign Finance$2,546,008 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Congressional Cmte Stanton Dodge $96,700 Michael F. Bennet Stanton Dodge $91,200 John Conyers, Jr. $51,800 Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte Jessica Straus $30,800
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of DISH Network
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount DISH Network $4,850,000 EchoStar Communications $597,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1019 State Video Tax Fairness Act of 2009 S.911 SPECTRUM Act S.3333 Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2010 H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.3570 Satellite Home Viewer Update and Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.3679 State Video Tax Fairness Act of 2007 S.3418 Comprehensive Problem Gambling Act of 2010 H.R.2482 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act S.1670 Satellite Television Modernization Act of 2009 S.2764 Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 133 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "DISH Network" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for DISH Network
- Toggle 1 APHIS Animal Welfare; Retail Pet Stores and Licensing Exemptions 2011
- Toggle 1 Request for Comments and Notice of Public Hearing on an International Services Agreement 2013
- Toggle 1 Request for Comments and Notice of public hearing concerning Proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Agreement 2013
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for DISH Network
- Toggle 10 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 9 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 8 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Proposed Determination of Set-top Boxes and Network Equipment as a Covered Consumer Product 2010
- Toggle 3 FCC Establishment of Policies and Service Rules for the Broadcasting- Satellite Service 2006
- Toggle 3 USTR 2009 Special 301 2009
- Toggle 3 FCC Implementation of Section 612 of the Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984 as Amended by the Cable Television Consumer Protection and Competition Act of 1992 and Section 616 of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and Competition Act of 1992 2007
- Toggle 3 FCC DTV Consumer Education Initiative 2007
- Toggle 3 DOT Volga-Dnepr J.S. Cargo Airline- Emergency Exemption - Philadelphia-Moffett Field 2001
- Toggle 3 DOT Volga-Dnepr J.S. Cargo Airline - Exemption - Moffett Field-Long Beach 2005