Discover Financial Services
Discover Financial Services is an American financial services company, which issues the Discover Card and operates the Discover and Pulse networks. Discover Card is the third largest credit card brand in the United States, when measured by cards in force, with nearly 50 million cardholders.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Discover Financial Services
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Discover Financial Services $2,730,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 H.R.2382 Credit Card Interchange Fees Act of 2009 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 S.1927 Credit Card Rate Freeze Act of 2009 S.3127 H.R.627 Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights Act of 2009 H.R.3221 Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009 S.1212 Credit Card Fair Fee Act of 2009 H.R.5043 Private Student Loan Bankruptcy Fairness Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Discover Financial Services" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Discover Financial Services
- Toggle 1 FTC Telemarketing Sales Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 PRC Postal Service Performance and Customer Satisfaction Reporting 2009
- Toggle 1 PRC Postal Rates 2009
- Toggle 1 OCC Risk-Based Capital Guidelines; Capital Adequacy Guidelines; Capital Maintenance: Modifications to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; Consolidation of Asset-Backed Commerical Paper Programs; Reservation of Authority and Other Related Issues 2009
- Toggle 1 FTC Telemarketing Sales: Amendments 2010
- Toggle 1 FRS Debit Card Interchange Fees and Routing 2010
- Toggle 1 PRC Postal Service Price Changes 2009