Disabled American Veterans
The Disabled American Veterans, or DAV, is an organization for disabled veterans that helps them and their families through various means. It currently has over 1.2 million members. As of January 2011, Charity Navigator rates the organization four out of four stars for its Organizational Efficiency (the balance between the amount of money spent on programs of the organization versus the expense of maintaining the organization and raising funds) and its Organizational Capacity (based on its anticipated sustainable growth).
Campaign Finance$12,325 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Disabled American Veterans
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Disabled American Veterans $8,270,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Veterans Affairs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1016 Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act of 2009 S.423 Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act of 2009 H.R.1211 Women Veterans Health Care Improvement Act H.R.3082 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2010, Part II S.252 Veterans Health Care Authorization Act of 2009 S.597 Women Veterans Health Care Improvement Act of 2009 H.R.2342 Wounded Warrior Project Family Caregiver Act of 2009 S.801 Family Caregiver Program Act of 2009 H.CON.RES.85 H.R.1818 Disabled Veterans Commissary and Exchange Store Benefits Act
RegulationsMentioned in 61 dockets; Submitted to 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Disabled American Veterans" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Disabled American Veterans
- Toggle 1 VA AM55 - Final rule - Schedule for Rating Disabilities; Evaluation of Scars 2008
- Toggle 1 VA AL84 - Special and Ancillary Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors 2007
- Toggle 1 VA AM01 - Proposed Rule - General Evidence Requirements, Effective Dates, Revision of Decisions, and Protection of Existing Ratings 2007
- Toggle 1 VA AN54 - Final Rule - Diseases Associated With Exposure to Certain Herbicide Agents (Hairy Cell Leukemia and Other Chronic B Cell Leukemias, Parkinson’s Disease and Ischemic Heart Disease) 2010
- Toggle 1 VA AO32 - Proposed Rule - Disease Associated With Exposure to Certain Herbicide Agents: Peripheral Neuropathy 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 VA AN05 - Final Rule - Presumption of Service Connection for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 2008
- Toggle 1 VA AN92 - Proposed Rule - Vet Center Services 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance (U.S. Airports) 2011
- Toggle 1 VA AM62 - Accreditation of Agents and Attorneys; Agent and Attorney Fees 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Disabled American Veterans
- Toggle 3 VA AO32 - Proposed Rule - Disease Associated With Exposure to Certain Herbicide Agents: Peripheral Neuropathy 2012
- Toggle 2 VA Notice - West Los Angeles VA Medical Center Veterans Programs Enhancement Act of 1998; Draft Master Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in State and Local Government Services; Accessibility of Next Generation 9-1-1 2010
- Toggle 2 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by State and Local Governments and Places of Public Accommodation; Equipment and Furniture 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 2 VA AM55 - Final rule - Schedule for Rating Disabilities; Evaluation of Scars 2008
- Toggle 2 VA AM75 - Final Rule - Schedule for Rating Disabilities; Evaluation of Residuals of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) 2008
- Toggle 2 TSA Large Aircraft Security Program, Other Aircraft Operator Security Program, and Airport Operator Security Program 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Inventory Update Rule Amendments (IURA) 2002
- Toggle 2 VA AM62 - Accreditation of Agents and Attorneys; Agent and Attorney Fees 2007
Advisory Committees44 people on 25 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Disabled American Veterans" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 42 people on 23 committees
- Toggle Department of Labor 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee