The DIRECTV Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTV) is an American direct broadcast satellite television company formerly known as Hughes Electronics.
Campaign Finance$600,795 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of DIRECTV Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount DIRECTV Group $9,660,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3675 Next Generation Television Marketplace Act S.2008 Next Generation Television Marketplace Act of 2011 H.R.1804 State Video Tax Fairness Act of 2011 S.978 Commercial Felony Streaming Act H.R.12 American Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act S.1549 American Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.968 PIPA H.R.2701 Main Street Fairness Act
RegulationsMentioned in 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "DIRECTV Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for DIRECTV Group
- Toggle 1 USTR Compliance with Telecommunications Trade Agreements; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR USTR-2012-1377 Review of Telecommunications Trade Agreements 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Take the Actions Described (1) Refuse to Approve any ANDA Referencing Lyrica That Contains an Isomeric Impurity Specification That Includes a “Not Less Than” Minimum Level or Otherwise Requires the Generic Product Covered by the ANDA to Contain an Isomeric Impurity.... 2012
- Toggle 1 FEC Meetings; Sunshine Act 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Scope, Methods, and Data Sources for Conducting Study of Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC Revision of the Commission's Program Access Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Public Comments To Compile the National Trade Estimate Report on Foreign Trade Barriers 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 1 BIS Proposed Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations: Implementation of Export Control Reform; Revisions to License Exceptions after Retrospective Regulatory Review 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC Meetings; Sunshine Act 2012