Directors Guild of America
Directors Guild of America (DGA) is the labor union which represents the interests of film and television directors in the United States motion picture industry. Founded as the Screen Directors Guild in 1936, the group became the DGA in 1960.
Campaign Finance$1,213,844 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Directors Guild of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Directors Guild of America $490,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Firearms, Guns & Ammunition,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.968 PIPA S.978 Commercial Felony Streaming Act H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act S.3804 Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Directors Guild of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Directors Guild of America
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Directors Guild of America
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA is Requesting Data, Information, and Views and Hosting a Web-Based Public Meeting to Discuss Issues Related to the Development of an Enforcement Action Plan 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 2 DOJ Revised Regulations for Records Relating to Visual Depictions of Sexually Explicit Conduct 2007
- Toggle 1 DOJ Inspection of Records Relating to Depiction of Simulated Sexually Explicit Performances 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Product Advertising and Promotion to Youth and Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulations Restricting the Sale & Distribution of Cigarettes & Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children & Adolescents 1995
- Toggle 1 IRS Shared Responsibility for Employers Regarding Health Coverage 2013
- Toggle 1 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009