Direct Marketing Assn
Direct Marketing Associations are national trade organizations that seek to advance all forms of direct marketing.
Campaign Finance$1,546,872 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Direct Marketing Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Direct Marketing Assn $9,505,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Government Issues,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.654 Do Not Track Me Online Act H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.611 BEST PRACTICES Act H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 S.43 Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act of 2009 S.799 Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011 S.353 U.S. Postal Service Improvements Act of 2011 H.R.1707 Data Accountability and Trust Act H.R.1841 Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA) of 2011 H.R.1895 Do Not Track Kids Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 40 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Direct Marketing Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Direct Marketing Assn
- Toggle 2 EPA Consumer Confidence Reports for Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Retrospective Review (2.26) 2012
- Toggle 1 AMS Christmas Tree Promotion, Research, and Information Order Unknown
- Toggle 1 FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising 2009
- Toggle 1 FTC Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Telemarketing Sales Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 PRC Subpoena Procedures 2009
- Toggle 1 FCC Rules and Regulations Implementing the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991; Junk Fax Prevention Act of 2005 2006
- Toggle 1 SSA Social Security Number (SSN) Cards; Limiting Replacement Cards 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Qualitative Risk Assessment of Risk of Activity/Food Combinations for Activities (Outside the Farm Definition) Conducted in a Facility Co-Located on a Farm; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Extension 2006