Diageo plc (pronounced /diːˈɑːʒi.oʊ/; LSE: DGE, NYSE: DEO) is a global alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine. Its brands include Smirnoff (the world's largest-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's largest-selling whisky), José Cuervo (the world's largest-selling tequila), Baileys (the world's largest-selling liqueur) and Guinness (the world's largest-selling stout). It also owns 34 per cent of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy. It sells its products in approximately 180 countries and has offices in 80 countries.
Campaign Finance$6,113,458 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Diageo PLC
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Diageo North America $12,070,000 Burger King $799,000 Guinness America $20,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Beverage Industry,
- Food Industry,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Small Business,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2122 H.R.1161 Community Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness Act of 2011 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.3208 Reinvesting in U.S. Territories, Not Corporations Act H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 H.R.875 Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act H.R.1883 Investing in U.S. Territories, Not Corporations Act of 2011 H.R.5034 Comprehensive Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness (CARE) Act of 2010 S.986 Investing in U.S. Territories, Not Corporations Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 41 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Diageo PLC" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Diageo PLC
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 TTB Use of Various Winemaking Terms on Wine Labels and in Advertisements; Request for Public Comment 2010
- Toggle 1 TTB Labeling and Advertising of Wines, Distilled Spirits and Malt Beverages (Serving Facts Labeling) 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Diageo PLC
- Toggle 12 TTB Labeling and Advertising of Wines, Distilled Spirits and Malt Beverages (Serving Facts Labeling) 2007
- Toggle 7 FMCSA ESC - In the Matter of Diageo America Supply, Inc. - Field Administrator's Consent to Respondent's Request for Formal Hearing 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 4 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 3 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase III Facilities 2004
- Toggle 2 DOT Virgin Nigeria Airways Limited - Foreign Permit - U.S.-Nigeria 2005
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: ICE Clear Credit LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004