Diageo North America
Diageo plc (pronounced /diːˈɑːʒi.oʊ/; LSE: DGE, NYSE: DEO) is a global alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine. Its brands include Smirnoff (the world's largest-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's largest-selling whisky), José Cuervo (the world's largest-selling tequila), Baileys (the world's largest-selling liqueur) and Guinness (the world's largest-selling stout). It also owns 34 per cent of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy. It sells its products in approximately 180 countries and has offices in 80 countries.
Campaign Finance$1,227,666 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Diageo North America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Diageo North America $20,140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Beverage Industry,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Food Industry,
- Homeland Security,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2122 H.R.1161 Community Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness Act of 2011 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.986 Investing in U.S. Territories, Not Corporations Act of 2011 S.3208 Reinvesting in U.S. Territories, Not Corporations Act H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 H.R.875 Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 H.R.1883 Investing in U.S. Territories, Not Corporations Act of 2011 H.R.4374 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the increased limitation on the cover over of the tax on distilled spirits to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Diageo North America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Diageo North America
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Diageo North America
- Toggle 2 EPA Maryland- 2002 Base Year Emissions Inventory, Reasonable Further Progress Plan, Reasonably Available Control Measures, and Transportation Conformity Budgets for the Baltimore 1997 8-Hour Moderate Ozone Nonattainment Area 2009
- Toggle 1 Investigations; Terminations, Modifications and Rulings, etc.: Certain Products Having Laminated Packaging, Laminated Packaging, and Components Thereof 2013
- Toggle 1 EPA Maryland- 8-Hour Ozone Attainment Demonstration for the Baltimore Moderate Nonattainment Area 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010
- Toggle 1 Complaints: Products Having Laminated Packaging, Laminated Packaging, and Components Thereof 2013
- Toggle 1 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 1 Investigations: Certain Products Having Laminated Packaging, and Components Thereof 2013
- Toggle 1 FAR 2008/2009/2010 Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Rules 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA State Implementation Plan Revision Regarding Attainment of the 8-Hour Ozone Standard in Connecticut. 2008
- Toggle 1 Meetings: Advisory Committee on Actuarial Examinations 2013