Campaign Finance$4,448,076 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Devon Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Devon Energy $11,140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Government Issues,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.1084 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2011 H.R.2766 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2009 S.1215 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals (FRAC) Act S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.2877 Carbon Limits and Energy for America's Renewal (CLEAR) Act S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 H.R.2776 Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007 S.275 Pipeline Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2011 S.582 Social Security Protection Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 183 dockets; Submitted to 14 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Devon Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Devon Energy
- Toggle 3 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA Oil and Gas Stakeholder Meeting 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Greater Sage-Grouse 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 1 FWS Dunes Sagebrush Lizard 2010
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 Designation of Critical Habitat for the Texas golden gladecress and Neches River rose-mallow 2013
- Toggle 1 FWS Incentivizing Voluntary Conservation Actions under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Texas golden gladecress and Neches River rose-mallow 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Revisions to the Regulations for Impact Analyses of Critical Habitat 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Devon Energy
- Toggle 29 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 17 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 15 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 14 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 14 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 13 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 12 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 12 EPA Preliminary 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2008
- Toggle 8 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Ozone Standards 2008
- Toggle 8 Oil and Gas; Hydraulic Fracturing on Federal and Indian Lands 2013
Advisory Committees8 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.