Deutsche Lufthansa AG (FWB: LHA, Pink Sheets: DLAKY) (German pronunciation: [ˈdɔʏt͡ʃə ˈlʊfthanza]) is the flag carrier of Germany and the largest airline in Europe in terms of overall passengers carried. The name of the company is derived from Luft (the German word for "air"), and Hansa (after Hanseatic League, the powerful medieval trading group).
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Deutsche Lufthansa
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Deutsche Lufthansa $190,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2594 European Union Emissions Trading Scheme Prohibition Act of 2011 S.1451 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.1451 Billfish Conservation Act of 2011 S.1956 European Union Emissions Trading Scheme Prohibition Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Deutsche Lufthansa" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Deutsche Lufthansa
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Deutsche Lufthansa
- Toggle 4 DOT Brussels Airlines N.V./S.A. - Statement of Authorization - Code Sharing With Deutsche Lufthansa AG 2012
- Toggle 3 FAA Drug and Alcohol Testing of Certain Maintenance Provider Employees Located Outside of the United States 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT Contact Air Flugdienst GmbH - Statement of Authorization 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Cirrus Airlines Luftfahrtgesellschaft MbH - Statement of Authorization 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Augsburg Airways GmbH - Statement of Authorization 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT IATA Traffic Conference Actions Tentatively Exempted From Filing for Approval 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT Tyrolean Airways Tiroler LuftFahrt GesmbH - Statement of Authorization - Intra-European Code-Sharing 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT Republic Airline Inc. - Statement of Authorization - US Airways, Inc.-Deutsche Lufthansa AG 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Michael Gurevich and Elena Gurevich - Complaint - Against Compagnia Aereas Italiana, S.p.A. 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT The European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (ets): Reporting Requirement Pursuant To Forty-Nine USC 41708(b)(1)(a)-EU Air Carriers 2011