Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE: DAL) is a major airline based in the United States headquartered in Atlanta. Delta is the world's largest airline operating under a single certificate. Delta operates an extensive domestic and international network, spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean and Australia. Delta and the Delta Connection carriers fly to 348 destinations in 64 countries (excluding codeshare), across six continents. Delta operates the world's largest hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Delta is a founding member of the SkyTeam alliance.
Campaign Finance$6,503,286 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Charles E. Schumer $25,650
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Delta Airlines
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Delta Air Lines $41,646,512 Northwest Airlines $7,069,916
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2881 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.1300 Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.1356 Next Generation Air Transportation System Financing Reform Act of 2007 S.1076 Next Generation Air Transportation System Financing Reform Act of 2007 S.2008 HOME Act H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.831 (Unknown) H.R.3539 Airport and Airway Trust Fund Financing Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 5702 dockets; Submitted to 607 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Delta Airlines" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Delta Airlines
- Toggle 45 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. - Motion for Confidential Treatment 1995
- Toggle 38 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2004
- Toggle 36 DOT 2010 U.S.-Haneda Combination Services Allocation Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 33 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - United States-Mexico Code-Sharing 1997
- Toggle 29 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc., Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc., Comair, Inc. and Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.- Statements of Authorization/New and Amended Exemptions - United States-Mexico 2000
- Toggle 23 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc., Societe Air France, Comair Inc., and Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc. - Statements of Authorization - United States-France Blanket Code-Share Authority 2000
- Toggle 21 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Program 2005
- Toggle 20 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 19 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - Los Angeles, California-Guangzhou, China 1997
- Toggle 18 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and China Southern Airlines Company Limited - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - United States-People's Republic of China - 2001 2001
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Delta Airlines
- Toggle 471 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2004
- Toggle 435 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Notice - U.S.-China Service Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 409 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Multiple Submitters (10) - Exemption from 14 CFR 121.383(c), regarding the Age 60 Rule 2002
- Toggle 285 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 262 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 240 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2007
- Toggle 196 DOT New U.S. - Argentina Combination Service Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 193 DOT 2010 U.S.-Haneda Combination Services Allocation Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 175 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - United States-Mexico Code-Sharing 1997
- Toggle 159 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways PLC - Approval of/and Antitrust Immunity For Alliance Agreement 1997
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Florida Petroleum Reprocessors||Delta Airlines (+583 others)||2004||Fort Lauderdale, Fl||$2,316,314|
|Hows Corner/West Site||Delta Air Lines Inc (+83 others)||2004||Plymouth, Me||$2,000,000|
Advisory Committees70 people on 21 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Delta Airlines" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 54 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 4 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Justice 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee