Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Dell Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Dell Inc $4,340,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.174 Homeland Security Cyber and Physical Infrastructure Protection Act of 2011 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.413 Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act H.R.2284 Responsible Electronics Recycling Act S.21 Cyber Security and American Cyber Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.813 Cyber Security Public Awareness Act of 2011 S.911 SPECTRUM Act H.R.1693 Research and Development Tax Credit Extension Act of 2011 H.R.1834 Freedom to Invest Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act
RegulationsMentioned in 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Dell Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Dell Inc
- Toggle 2 EPA Solicitation of Input from Stakeholders to inform the National Framework for Electronics Stewardship 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Certain Automated Media Library Devices 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Requests for Early Terminations of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Antidumping Duty Investigations; Results, Extensions, Amendments, etc.: Silicomanganese from Brazil, China, and Ukraine 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC Video Description: Implementation of Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 MSHFRC Meetings; Sunshine Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of Waiting Period under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA 110(a)(1) Maintenance Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone - Triad 1-hr Area 2011
Contractor Misconduct1 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Securities||None||SEC v. DeVore (Insider Trading)||2011||Pending||$0|
Advisory Committees4 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Dell Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 1 person on 1 committee