Deere & Co
Deere & Company, usually known by its brand name John Deere (NYSE: DE), is an American corporation based in Moline, Illinois, and the leading manufacturer of agricultural machinery in the world. In 2008, it was listed as 102nd in the Fortune 500 ranking. Deere and Company agricultural products, usually sold under the John Deere name, include tractors, combine harvesters, balers, planters/seeders, ATVs and forestry equipment. The company is also a leading supplier of construction equipment, as well as equipment used in lawn, grounds and turf care, such as ride-on lawn mowers, string trimmers, chainsaws, snowthrowers and for a short period, snowmobiles.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Deere & Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Deere & Co $2,779,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.843 To direct the Secretary of Transportation to promulgate a rule to improve the daytime and nighttime visibility of agricultural equipment that may be operated on a public road. H.R.1938 North American-Made Energy Security Act H.R.1967 Water Advanced Technologies for Efficient Resource Use Act of 2011 H.R.2072 Securing American Jobs Through Exports Act of 2011 S.747 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.1547 Export-Import Bank Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Deere & Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Deere & Co
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Deere & Co
- Toggle 3 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA 2,4-D Choline Salt. Proposed Use on AAD 1 Corn / DHT Field Corn Containing DAS-40278-9. 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Nonconformance Penalties for On-highway Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Requests for Early Termination of the Waiting Period under the Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA 2,4-D Choline Salt. Proposed Use on AAD-12 Soybeans Containing DAS 68416-4 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Bayer CropScience; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered to Tolerate the Herbicides Glyphosate and Isoxaflutole 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations; Terminations, Modifications and Rulings: Certain Agricultural Vehicles and Components Thereof 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Herbicide-Tolerant 73496 Canola 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Assertion of Right of the United States to Use, or Authorize the Use of the Production Processes of Reference Monoclonal Antibody Products Approved under the Public Health Service Act 2012