Dean Foods (NYSE: DF) is an American food and beverage company with two operating divisions: Fresh Dairy Direct and WhiteWave-Morningstar. The company maintains plants and distributors in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Campaign Finance$3,478,934 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Dean Foods
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Dean Foods $10,514,436
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009 H.R.3062 Dairy Security Act of 2011 H.R.1799 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2009 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 H.R.5288 Dairy Price Stabilization Program Act of 2010 H.R.5504 Improving Nutrition for America's Children Act S.3307 Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 91 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Dean Foods" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Dean Foods
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Dean Foods
- Toggle 9 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 8 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Industrial/ Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters 2002
- Toggle 8 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 5 EPA NESHAP for Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boiler Area Sources 2006
- Toggle 4 AMS Milk in the Mideast Marketing Area; Tentative Partial Decision on Proposed Amendments and Opportunity To File Written Exceptions to Tentative Marketing Agreement and Order 2005
- Toggle 3 EPA Effluent Guidelines Program Plan for 2004/2005. 2003
- Toggle 3 DOT Time Zone Boundaries in the State of Indiana 2005
- Toggle 3 AMS National Producer-Handler and Exempt Plant Provisions Unknown
- Toggle 3 AMS Milk in the Upper Midwest Marketing Area; Final Partial Decision on Proposed Amendments to Marketing Agreement and to Order 2005
- Toggle 3 DOT Charleston County Aviation Authority and Atlantic Coast Airlines - Slots - Exemption - Charleston International Airport, South Carolina and Chicago O'Hare Airport Illinois 1999