Davis & Harman
Campaign Finance$904,845 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Davis & Harman
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Committee of Annuity Insurers $5,090,000 American Benefits Council $2,870,000 US Sugar $2,350,000 Business Roundtable $1,900,000 CME Group $1,780,000 American Seniors Housing Assn $1,660,000 Merrill Lynch $1,600,000 Natl Assn of Professional Employer Orgs $1,570,000 Florida Power & Light $1,440,000 Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance $1,330,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2989 401(k) Fair Disclosure and Pension Security Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.2021 Savings Recovery Act of 2009 S.1974 Pension Protection Technical Corrections Act of 2007 H.R.3361 Pension Protection Technical Corrections Act of 2008 H.R.3936 Preserve Benefits and Jobs Act of 2009 H.R.1984 401(k) Fair Disclosure for Retirement Security Act of 2009 H.R.2779 Defined Contribution Plan Fee Transparency Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 30, 2013 The Spark Institute Proposals to expand retirement coverage and preserve tax incentives for retirement plans. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 2 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Davis & Harman" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Davis & Harman
- Toggle 2 IRS Hybrid retirement plans 2008
- Toggle 1 TREAS Prohibition on Funding of Unlawful Internet Gambling 2007
- Toggle 1 PBGC Liability for Termination of Single-Employer Plans; Treatment of Substantial Cessation of Operations 2010
- Toggle 1 Designation of Person Under Section 3504 2013
- Toggle 1 IRS New Proposed Section 125 Regulations 2007
- Toggle 1 IRS Longevity Annuity Contracts 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Davis & Harman
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Davis & Harman" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee