CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS) is an integrated pharmacy services provider, combining a United States pharmaceutical services company with a U.S. pharmacy chain. CVS Caremark provides pharmacy services through its over 7,000 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drugs stores; its pharmacy benefit management, mail order and specialty pharmacy division, Caremark Pharmacy Services; its retail-based health clinic subsidiary, MinuteClinic; and its online pharmacy, CVS.com. CVS Caremark Corporation is chartered in Delaware, and is headquartered in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, where its pharmacy business is also headquartered. The pharmacy services business is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee. The company was #18 in the 2010 Fortune 500 list of the largest companies in the U.S., and is the largest company that has operations solely in the United States.
Campaign Finance$4,106,922 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of CVS/Caremark Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount CVS/Caremark Corp $48,532,943
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Government Issues,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1839 Community Pharmacy Fairness Act of 2011 H.R.1946 Preserving Our Hometown Independent Pharmacies Act of 2011 H.R.979 FEHBP Prescription Drug Integrity, Transparency, and Cost Savings Act S.1058 Pharmacy Competition and Consumer Choice Act of 2011 H.R.1204 Community Pharmacy Fairness Act of 2009 H.R.4199 Patient Health and Real Medication Access Cost Savings Act of 2009 H.R.4489 FEHBP Prescription Drug Integrity, Transparency, and Cost Savings Act H.R.1409 Quality Health Care Coalition Act of 2011 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act H.R.5234 PBM Audit Reform and Transparency Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 126 dockets; Submitted to 28 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "CVS/Caremark Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for CVS/Caremark Corp
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Format and Content of Proposed Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS), REMS Assessments, and Proposed REMS Modifications; Availability 2009
- Toggle 2 FAA Notice of Proposed Modification to the June 1, 2006 MOA FAA/Subscriber Memorandum of Agreement for ASDI/NASSI Industry Access and Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 2 TSA Large Aircraft Security Program, Other Aircraft Operator Security Program, and Airport Operator Security Program 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Insurance Issuers Implementing Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) Requirements under Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Industry on Good Reprint Practices for the Distribution of Medical Journal Articles and Medical or Scientific Reference Publications on Unapproved New Uses of Approved Drugs and Approved or Cleared Medical Devices 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Breach Notification Interim Final Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Postmarketing Studies and Clinical Trials; Implementation of Section 505(o) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; Availability 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for CVS/Caremark Corp
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2009; and Revisions to the Amendment of the E Prescribing Exemption for Computer Generated Facsimile Transmissions 2008
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program 2009
- Toggle 5 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 4 TSA Large Aircraft Security Program, Other Aircraft Operator Security Program, and Airport Operator Security Program 2008
- Toggle 4 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 4 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 3 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 3 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Cvs Corporation||Cvs New York Inc (+13 others)||2001||Somersworth, Nh||$1,317,408|