Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) is a corporation that designs, manufactures, distributes and services engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission control and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, United States, Cummins sells in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 500 company-owned and independent distributors and approximately 5,200 dealers. Cummins reported net income of $428 million on sales of $10.8 billion in 2009.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cummins Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Cummins Inc $4,054,949
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 S.1253 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 S.1619 Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act of 2011 S.3254 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cummins Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Cummins Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cummins Inc
- Toggle 15 EPA Nonconformance Penalties for On-highway Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines 2011
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA New Jersey & New York 8-hr Ozone Attainment Demonstrations 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA California Air Resources Board Heavy-Duty Engine OBD Waiver Request 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA OR Regional Haze Reasonable Progress Long Term Strategy 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Electronic Stability Control Systems for Heavy Vehicles 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Improving Regulations: Compliance 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Cooperative Research and Development Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA California State Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Standards; Urban Bus Standards in Transit Bus Regulations; Request for Waiver of Preemption 2012
Federal Spending5 grants; 3 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Cummins Inc.||2011||REMANUFACTURE SERVICE-ON-HARDWARE, DIESEL ENGINES IN CONTAINERS; 100 EACH, NSN 2815-01-423-0929 AND 20 EACH, NSN 2815-01-509-3958||$5,035,984|
|Cummins Inc.||2011||REMANUFACTURED DIESEL ENGINES AND REFURBISHED CONTAINERS||$1,635,125|
|Cummins Inc.||2011||MOD P00002 IS TO ADD AN ADDITIONAL $1,500,692 TO THE SECOND INCREMENT TO PARTIALLY FUND.||$1,500,692|
|Cummins Inc.||2012||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0321::TAS. NEW AWARD FOR EFFORT ENTITLED, "CUMMINS NEXT GENERATION TIER 2 BIN 2 DIESEL" TO CUMMINS INC.||$1,500,000|
|Cummins Inc||2011||Energy, Department Of||ADVANCED NATURAL GAS RECIPROCATING ENGINES||$1,428,970|
|Cummins Inc.||2011||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0321::TAS. NEW AWARD FOR EFFORT ENTITLED, "CUMMINS NEXT GENERATION TIER 2 BIN 2 DIESEL" TO CUMMINS INC.||$1,149,550|
|Cummins Inc.||2011||Energy, Department Of||TAS::89 0321::TAS. NEW AWARD FOR EFFORT ENTITLED, "CUMMINS NEXT GENERATION TIER 2 BIN 2 DIESEL" TO CUMMINS INC.||$1,092,030|
|Cummins Inc.||2012||Energy, Department Of||$1,000,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.