Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of CSX Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount CSX Corp $9,010,767
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.158 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.936 American Infrastructure Investment Fund Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.801 Truck Weight Uniformity Act of 2011 S.301 A bill to amend title 49, United States Code, to make technical and minor modifications to the positive train control requirements under chapter 201. S.371 Focusing Resources, Economic Investment, and Guidance to Help Transportation Act of 2011 S.1596 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.721 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 172 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "CSX Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for CSX Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for CSX Corp
- Toggle 21 FRA CSX Transportation - Waiver Petition 2011
- Toggle 18 FRA CSX Transportation - Locomotive Engineer Certification 2012
- Toggle 5 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012
- Toggle 5 FRA CSX Transportation 2012
- Toggle 5 FRA CSX - Waiver Petition 2011
- Toggle 5 FRA CSX Transportation - Michigan and Chicago Subdivisions - Waiver Petition 2012
- Toggle 5 FRA CSX Transportation - Waiver CONSOL Coal Pier 2012
- Toggle 4 FRA CSX Transportation - Waiver Petition 2011
- Toggle 4 FRA CSX Transportation, Inc. - Block Signal Application 2011
- Toggle 4 FRA CSX Transportation, Inc. - Waiver Petition 2011
Federal Spending1 grant
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Csx Transportation Inc||2011||Federal Emergency Management Agency||FY 2011 TRANSIT SECURITY GRANT PROGRAM||$5,262,077|
Advisory Committees5 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "CSX Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Surface Transportation Board 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee