Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of CSX Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount CSX Corp $9,739,616
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.146 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 S.2889 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.1806 Freight Rail Infrastructure Capacity Expansion Act of 2009 S.1498 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.3644 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.272 Freight Rail Infrastructure Capacity Expansion Act of 2009 H.R.250 Neighborhood Rail Accountability Act H.R.693
RegulationsMentioned in 245 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "CSX Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for CSX Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for CSX Corp
- Toggle 34 FRA City of St. Matthews, KY & CSX Transportation – Waiver Petition 2010
- Toggle 19 FRA CSX Transportation Inc. - Positive Train Control Plans (PTCIP) 2010
- Toggle 14 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 13 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Estuaries and Coastal Waters 2010
- Toggle 12 FRA CSX Transportation - Waiver Petition 2009
- Toggle 10 FRA CSX Transportation, Inc. - Block Signal Application 2010
- Toggle 10 FRA Norfolk Southern Railroad - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 9 FRA CSX Transportation - Waiver Petition 2009
- Toggle 9 FRA Union Pacific Railroad - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 8 FRA Training Standards for Railroad Employees 2009
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Nocatee Hull Creosote Site||Csx Transportation, Inc.||2010||Nocatee, Fl||$9,207,634|
|Kentucky Wood Preserving Removal Order||Csx Transportation, Inc.||2009||Winchester, Ky||$4,734,000|
Advisory Committees5 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "CSX Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Surface Transportation Board 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee